CISQ has launched a working group to extend the CISQ Automated Quality Characteristic Measures into the domain of embedded and real-time software. This new standard will be used to measure the quality and security of embedded software code used in device control, the Internet of Things (IoT), and safety-critical systems. The initial set of measures on which this work builds was developed to measure the quality and resilience of enterprise IT systems.
The working group launched in February 2018. A new specification will be submitted to OMG® for approval as a standard in Q3 or Q4 of this year.
The project team is led by Dr. Bill Curtis, CISQ Executive Director and Chief Scientist at CAST Research Labs. The team consists of delegates with expertise in embedded software from each participating sponsor of CISQ, in addition to experts from the Software Engineering Institute at Carnegie Mellon University and the Common Weakness Enumeration project at The MITRE Corporation. Combined, the team has over 150 years of experience in embedded software. The sponsors include CAST, CGI, Cognizant, ISHPI, Northrop Grumman, Synopsys and Tech Mahindra.
- Dr. Bill Curtis, Executive Director, CISQ
- Philippe Emmanuel-Douziech, Principal Research Scientist, CAST Research Labs
- Bill Dickenson, Director of Solution Delivery, CAST
- Joe Jarzombek, Director for Government, Aerospace & Defense Programs, Synopsys
- Gordon Uchenick, Lead Aerospace / Defense Sales Engineer, Software Integrity Group, Synopsys
- Robert Martin, Senior Principal Engineer, The MITRE Corporation
- Dan Plakosh, Principal Member of Technical Staff, Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Paul Seay, Northrop Grumman Fellow, Engineering Center of Excellence, NGMS Engineering, Sciences and Technology, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Paul Rainey, Director Consulting Services, Global Program Director, Software Quality Center of Excellence, CGI
- Kevin Doyle, Cyber Security Engineer, CGI Federal
- Girish Seshagiri, Executive Vice President, CTO, ISHPI
- Amitabh Shankar, Principal Quality Consultant, Tech Mahindra
- Sanjeev Chikodi, SQA Head, Tech Mahindra
- Hariharan Mathrubutham, Vice President of Delivery Excellence, Cognizant
If you would like to learn more or get involved, contact CISQ at firstname.lastname@example.org.