Don't Let 2020 be the Year of Hindsight. Act Now to Manage Your IT Risk.
The financial services industry is built on a robust IT infrastructure that is decades old. This sector is also an early adopter of digital transformation initiatives and the technology built upon this infrastructure is increasingly complex. We have seen IT outages and glitches costing in the millions of dollars, and cyber attacks becoming more frequent and sophisticated to cause disruption. As a result, regulators are under increasing pressure to act as it becomes clear organizations cannot self-govern their IT risk.
The Cyber Resilience Summit: Managing IT Risk in Financial Services is a virtual event where CISQ will frame these issues and provide guidance on how to use industry standards for software quality measurement to reduce risk in critical IT systems and infrastructure, and how to work with suppliers to meet quality and security requirements. Speakers will discuss how the financial sector, regulators, and national governments are working together to improve resiliency and stability.
This Summit Brings together three voices critical to addressing IT risk
- The Enterprise - Producers and end users of IT/software for operations
- Auditors - Firms tasked with evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of enterprise IT systems and controls against policies and regulations
- Regulators - Bodies appointed by government to supervise an industry and set policy to ensure laws, directives, and rules are followed
Objectives for attendees
- Clearly understand the risk enterprises are facing from increasing IT complexity and mission criticality
- Learn how to engage auditors not with hindight but with foresight to mitigate IT risk
- Learn how to use software quality standards with suppliers for the development of new solutions and the maintenance and support of existing systems
- From a regulatory perspective, hear what industry can do to put its own house in order to stave off greater regulation
About the host
The Consortium for Information & Software Quality™ (CISQ™) is an IT industry leadership group that develops international standards to automate software quality measurement and its members promote the development and sustainment of secure, reliable, and trustworthy software. Through the work of CISQ, industry-supported standards have been developed to measure software size, structural quality, and technical debt from source code. These standards are used by IT organizations, IT service providers, and software vendors in contracting, developing, testing, accepting, and deploying software applications.